Setting up the Explorer CCTV App with your DVR
This Guide will instruct you on the process required to get your Pioneer/Trio/Quattro/3X/4X DVR set up with the Explorer CCTV App.
What you will need:
- Mobile with the Explorer app installed (Codes can be found below)
- Ethernet Cable from the DVR to the router
Step 1: Setting Your DVR Up
- Plug your DVR to your router via a standard ethernet cable.
- Once the DVR is on you can use the mouse and Right Click to bring up the option and then select Main Menu.
- Once the Main Menu is open you can select the IP option to open your network settings.
- Enable the DHCP option and select OK to save this.
- Select the Logout option and select Reboot to restart your device.
Step 2: Getting Your Remote Details
- Once the unit had rebooted Right Click and select Guide.
- Follow this through and it will run the required checks to make sure you are connected, follow this through until this gives you the SN (Serial Number) QR Code.
Step 3: Adding Your DVR to the App
- Open the Explorer app and select Local Login
- Go to Add your device, you will need to either scan the code on screen from the previous step or enter the serial number of the unit. You will need to enter your devices Username and Password and give a Device Name (This is for reference and can be anything)
- Your device will now show in your device list.
Step 4: Live Viewing Your Cameras
- Select your DVR in the device list and select the camera you wish to view.
- Your camera image will now be live on screen! You can use controls such as zoom, focus and pan & tilt if your camera supports this.
- You can swipe left to bring up the multi-view option where you can view up to 16 cameras at once! (The more cameras your view the better internet connection you will require)
Step 5: Playback
- Swipe right to bring up further options and select the icon to view playback for that camera.
- You can scroll along the time bar to choose your time and can change the date by pressing the date in the top right corner.