How to set up Pioneer/Trio/Quattro/3X/4X DVRs with PTZ (Pan, Tilt & Zoom) cameras.
What you will need:
- PTZ Camera
- RS485 Connection (if not using coaxial control)
Step 1: Connecting and Setting Up
- Firstly the PTZ camera needs to be connected to the DVR via coaxial video connection. If your PTZ supports control over coax you will not need to connect anything else. If your PTZ uses control over RS485, a pair of wires will need to be wired from the PTZ's A+ and B- to the A+ and B- terminal on the back of the DVR. (Please check your PTZ manual to see if it uses coaxial or RS485 control)
- On the DVR right-click the mouse and select Main Menu. You may be promoted to log in, ensure you are logged in as an administrator.
- From the Main Menu select System, here you will have an option for PTZ control on the left-hand side.
- On the PTZ Config screen, select the channel number your PTZ camera is connected to.
- You will now need to select the correct Protocol, Address and Baudrate for your camera (Please refer to the PTZ manual or menu to find this information)
- Press Apply then OK to confirm.
Step 2: Operation
- Double click the channel your PTZ camera is connected to, this will open it in full screen.
- Right-click then select PTZ Control.
- You will see the control panel for camera control, from here you can control the PTZ up, down, left, right and zoom and focus etc.
Step 3: Presets
- Using the PTZ control panel from the previous step, use the directional arrows to position the PTZ to an area of interest.
- Set a number you would like to save for this preset. i.e Preset 1
- Press the + icon to save the position. The - button deletes the position.
- Repeat for all the areas of interest you would like to save presets for changing the number each time.
- To recall a saved position, enter the number that was set then press start.
Step 4: Tour
- To set up a Tour go to Advanced on the PTZ control panel.
- To program your tour press the add button.
- Select the first Preset number you wish to add to the tour, this is where the tour will start from.
- Select the length of time you want the PTZ to stay at the selected preset.
- Click Add Preset. (Repeat for each preset in the tour)
- Right-click when finished to go back to PTZ control Panel, select the tour you created then click start to begin the tour.