How to set up Viper DVR/NVRs with PTZ (Pan, Tilt & Zoom) cameras
What you will need:
- PTZ Camera
- RS485 Connection (If not using coaxial control)
Step 1: Connecting and Setting Up
- Firstly the PTZ camera needs to be connected to the DVR via the coax video connection. If your PTZ supports control over coax you won't need to connect anything else. If your PTZ uses control over RS485, this will need to be wired from the PTZ A+ & B- to DVR/NVR A+ and B- Terminals. (Please check your PTZ to see if it uses coaxial or RS485 control)
- On the Viper right-click the Menu Button in the bottom left then go to settings. (Login If necessary)
- From the Menu, select System, you will have an option for PTZ on the left-hand side with a sub-section labelled Protocol, click Protocol
- Now select the channel number that the PTZ camera is connected to.
- Next select the required Protocol, Address and Baudrate for the PTZ (Please refer to the PTZ manual or menu to find this information)
- Press Apply to confirm.
Step 2: Operation
- Double click the channel the PTZ camera is displayed on to bring it up full screen.
- Single left-click then select the PTZ icon.
- The PTZ control panel for the camera control will open, here you will see features such as up, down, left, right, zoom and focus etc.
Step 3: Presets
- Select the PTZ tab in the PTZ menu in the right-hand panel.
- Using the PTZ control panel from the previous step, use the directional arrows to position your camera to an area of interest you want to save a preset for.
- Click the add button.
- Select a number you want to save this position as and a name for reference. i.e Gate
- Repeat for all the areas of interest you want to save a preset for, changing the preset number and reference name each time.
- These will now appear in the preset list in the left-hand panel.
- To recall a saved preset, select the saved preset then press call.
Step 4: Cruise
- Go to the PTZ panel then click the cruise tab.
- To program a tour press the add button.
- Select the Presets you want to add to the tour in the order you want them to be called in.
- Select the length of time you want the PTZ to stay at each preset and the speed you want the PTZ to manoeuvre to each preset.
- Select OK. (Repeat for each preset in the tour)
- Click Add,
- To run the tour select it then click Play to begin.
PTZ controls using Superlive Plus
This demonstration video will explain the process of using PTZ controls Via the Superlive plus viewing application.