This guide will show you how to set your Viper DVR/NVR up to record using motion detection as a recording trigger. This can be very useful in saving valuable recording space.
What you will need:
- Cameras connected to your DVR
Step 1: Setting Up The Motion Detect
- Once the DVR is on, click on the menu button in the bottom left and select Settings.
- On the Settings menu select the Alarm option.
- Select Motion Alarm on the left-hand side.
- You will see a list of cameras on the system.
- If you wish the channel to record on motion detection, ensure the box in the Record column is ticked for all the applicable channels.
- Change motion settings such as updating the sensitivity on the image or setting the region motion is detected in by selecting the Configure option.
- If you wish to receive a push notification on your phone when motion is detected, make sure this is set to ON for all the applicable channels.
- If you wish to receive an Email when motion is detected then tick the box in the email column for the relevant channel. (Depending on your screen resolution you may need to scroll along the page to see this, the scroll bar is at the bottom of the screen)
- If you wish to receive an image snapshot when motion is detected then make sure the box in the Snap column is ticked for the applicable channels.
- Press Apply when done.
Step 2: Enabling Motion Recording
- On the Settings Menu, go to the option for Record and then down the left-hand side you will see the option for Mode Settings.
- Here you can set up the simple schedule which applies the settings to all cameras for all days, and you can choose from Motion Record, which is only motion or Always (24x7) Record + Motion record, which will record all the time but on playback will highlight when motion events have occurred. Press apply when complete.
- You can set different periods for different recordings, On the mode settings page you can change the Mode option from Auto to Manual.
- Then select the option for Schedule Config on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select the channel you wish to set the Schedule for and press Configure.
- You can select the type of recording you wish to have at the top of the screen and then highlight the periods you wish to have that happen in, repeat this for all channels that it is required for.
- Once complete press Apply to finish.