This guide will instruct you on how to set up your λ | Cortex NVR to record using motion detection as a recording trigger which can be very useful in saving valuable recording space.
What you will need:
- Cameras connected to your DVR
Step 1: Enabling Motion Detect
- Once the DVR is on, right click on the mouse and select the option for Settings then Settings Login.
- On the Menu select the IP Cameras option, select the Video Quality and Motion tab.
- You will see next to each channel a column for Motion Settings, select the channel that you wish to enable for motion detection and set the sensitivity from Off to either Max, Mid or Min.
- You can set things like motion detection areas under the More Motion settings option.
- Repeat the process for any other channel you wish to record motion on, once complete for all your chosen channels, press Accept Changes to return to the Menu and move to step 2.
Step 2: Enabling Motion Recording
- On the Menu, go to the option for Schedule.
- Here you can choose which time you would like motion recording to occur, click on the table when you would like the period to start and then when you would like it to end.
- You will then be asked what days and what cameras you would like this to apply to then press accept to finish.
- Repeat for other periods you would like motion detect to occur.
- Close the schedule when complete.