This guide will explain how to set your λ | Cortex NVR up to notify you when there are motion events on the camera. These can be sent to both your phone as a push notification or as an email letting you know when a motion event has occurred.
What you will need:
- A phone with the λ | Cortex Go app installed (If using push notifications)
- A valid email address
Step 1: Setting Up The Motion Detect
- Once the DVR is on, right click on the mouse and select the option for Settings then Settings Login.
- On the Menu select the IP Cameras option, select the Video Quality and Motion tab.
- You will see next to each channel a column for Motion Settings, select the channel that you wish to enable for motion detection and set the sensitivity from Off to either Max, Mid or Min.
- You can set things like motion detection areas under the More Motion settings option.
- Repeat the process for any other channel you wish to record motion on, once complete for all your chosen channels, press Accept Changes to return to the Menu and move to step 2.
Step 2: Email Setup
- From the settings panel select Network and then select the Email tab.
- You will be prompted to enter details about your email address (These are listed below) once you are finished, hit Test Mail to confirm, this should show as successful and hit Accept Changes to complete the process.
- SMTP Port - This will depend on your mail provider and encryption type, check with provider.
- SMTP Server - This will depend on your mail provider i.e. smtp.gmail.com
- Sender Username - This will be the email address you will be using.
- Sender Email ID - You will need to re-enter the email address again
- Password - This will be the password for the email account
- Re-Type Password - You will need to confirm the password for the email account
- Recipient e-mail IDs - This is where the Email will be sent.
Please be aware that your email provider may have security settings in place that will prevent your emails from sending and you should check with them if it fails and you have confirmed all the above information is correct.
Step 2: Notification Setup
- From the settings panel, select alarm.
- You need to select the camera you wish to set up, then click enable.
- Once successfully enabled you will be able to change other options.
- Highlight Push Notification if you wish to receive push notifications to your phone.
- Highlight Send Email if you wish to receive emails.
- Repeat this for all channels you wish to receive notifications from.