This Guide will instruct you on the process required enable your Kestrel DVR/NVR with the Kestrel Viewer App.
What you will need:
- Mobile with the Kestrel Viewer app installed. (Codes can be found below)
- Cable to the router.
Step 1: Setting Up Your DVR
First you will need to get the DVR/NVR set up on the network to begin the process.
- Plug your DVR/NVR to your router via a standard ethernet cable.
- Once the DVR/NVR is on, you can use the mouse and Right Click to bring up the option and then select Main Menu.
- Once the Main Menu is open select the IP Address option which will open your network settings.
- Enable the DHCP option and select Apply to save this.
- Right click to go back and select the Shutdown option and select Restart which will restart your device.
Step 2: Getting Your Remote Details
Once your unit is on the local network you will need to get the information required to add the unit to your app.
- Once the unit had rebooted Right Click and select Main Menu.
- Select the option for P2P, ensure this is enabled and you will see your QR Code.
Step 3: Adding Your DVR to the App
Once the DVR is set up you can then add the device to your phone
- Open the Kestrel Viewer app and select Local Login
- Go to the button in the top left , you will need to select Devices, you will then need to press the icon to add a device and select Manual Adding, You will need to enter your devices Username and Password and give a Device Name (This is for reference and can be anything). You will then need to enter either the Cloud ID from the P2P page or press the icon to scan the QR code from this page. Press the icon to save.
- Your device will now show in your device list.
Step 4: Live Viewing Your Cameras
You can now begin to view live video from your app!
- Press the button in the top right again and select Live View
- Press the icon in the top right corner and select your DVR and select which cameras you would like to view.
- You can select the number of cameras you would like to view at one time with the option below the video wall (the more cameras your view the better internet connection you will require)
Step 5: Playback
You can review recorded footage on your DVR from the app as well as live images.
- Swipe right along the bottom tool bar to bring up further options and select the icon to view playback for that camera.
- You can scroll along the time bar to choose your time and can change the date by pressing the date above the time bar.