This guide will let you know how to review and save the footage that has been stored on your Kestrel DVR/NVR.
What you will need:
Step 1: Playback
Once your DVR/NVR is set up it will start to save footage shown on your cameras and you may need to review this footage at some point. This will explain how to do this.
- Right click on your mouse and select Main Menu.
- From the Main Menu, select the Playback option.
- This will then take you to the playback screen.
- Down the right-hand side is your option for playback where you can set the date, time and cameras you wish to view. By default, the unit will show you cameras 1-4. to view different ones, deselect these and select the ones you wish to view. Some units will limit you to playback up to 4 cameras at a time.
- Press the search button once you have chosen your parameters.
- You will then see your recorded footage start to play and you will see a timeline along the bottom of the screen.
- Normal recorded footage will show in light blue, motion recordings will show in red and analytic recordings will be in green. (Please refer to the relevant guide on how to set this up) You can click anywhere on the timeline to view that point.
Step 2: Backup
In some situations you may need to save footage for later use or to pass on to other bodies such as the police.
- Right click on the mouse and select Main Menu.
- From the Main Menu select the option for Backup
- This will take you to the backup page.
- Select the camera(s), date and time you wish to backup and press the Search button.
- Tick the files you wish to save.
- Connect your USB storage device and select Detect.
- Once you have added all the events you want to save select the file type you wish to backup in (AVI or DAV) and press Start to begin your backup.
- Once this is saved you can connect your USB to a PC and play from here. For AVI files you can use media players such as VLC Media player and for H264 files you can use the files player on the CD that came with your DVR. Or you can download it from our website in the software section.