How to set up line crossing on Viper NVR and DVRs.
What you will need:
- Viper NVR or DVR
Please note that cameras designed to do ANPR will not do any other analytic other than motion detection and ANPR. Certain facial recognition cameras will not do any other analytic other than motion detection and facial recognition.
Step 1: Setting up the line crossing
- Once the DVR or NVR is on, click the menu button in the bottom left and select settings.
- On the settings menu select the Alarm option.
- Select line crossing on the left-hand side.
- You will see a list on cameras on the right side in a table, and a preview of the camera on the left of the screen, with a few settings underneath.
- Turn line crossing on in the menu on the right side table for the cameras you wish to use.
- You can click the draw line option, and draw the first line on the preview of the camera, you can do this up to 4 times by changing the line option in the table on the right side of the table.
- The next setting will be direction. Once the line is drawn, the letters A and B will appear either side of the line. You can set the line to be bi-direction, only movement from A to B or only movement from B to A.
- If you wish to receive a push notification on your phone when motion is detected, make sure this is set to ON for all the applicable channels.
- If you wish to receive an Email when motion is detected then tick the box in the email column for the relevant channel. (Depending on your screen resolution you may need to scroll along the page to see this, the scroll bar is at the bottom of the screen)
- If you wish to receive an image snapshot when motion is detected then make sure the box in the Snap column is ticked for the applicable channels.
Step 2: Setting up recording for line crossing
- On the Settings Menu, go to the option for Record and then down the left-hand side you will see the option for Mode Settings.
- Here you can set up the simple schedule which applies the settings to all cameras for all days, and you can choose from Motion Record, which is only motion or Always (24x7) Record + Motion Record, line crossing comes under Analytics Record. Press apply when complete.
- You can set different periods for different recordings, On the mode settings page you can change the Mode option from Auto to Manual.
- Then select the option for Schedule Config on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select the channel you wish to set the Schedule for and press Configure.
- You can select the type of recording you wish to have at the top of the screen and then highlight the periods you wish to have that happen in, repeat this for all channels that it is required for.
- Once complete press Apply to finish.