How to set up facial recognition on the VIPER AI systems with facial recognition cameras.
What you will need:
- Viper AI NVR or DVR
- Facial Recognition Camera
Step 1: Setting up the analytic
- Once the camera is connected to the Viper, click the menu button in the bottom right of the screen and click settings to open the main menu.
- Click on alarm to open the alarm settings menu.
- Click on face match on the left side of the screen, this will open a menu displaying all of the cameras that can do facial recognition in a table on the right, and the alarm settings on the left.
- For the cameras in which you want facial recognition to work, tick all columns in the table, this will enable the camera to receive faces and store them if necessary.
- Each column represents a different selection of people and will have its own settings for alarms.
Step 2: Setting up groups
- On this same page, in the bottom right of the screen, click Target Database Management. This will open up the group page.
- You will need to make a group to store faces. It is best to make a group for all types of people that will be seen in the camera, for example, Staff and customers would be two separate groups.
- Click on the "plus" icon in the top right of the screen, this will open up a window to input the name of the group you wish to create.
Step 3: Adding faces to groups
- If you are in live view and the steps above have been followed, on the right of the screen on the live view, faces will start to appear as the cameras pick them up.
- If you hover over a face, you will see 3-4 options appear. Click on the 3 dots icon.
- This will give you information about the image, a snapshot of the image and a timestamp.
- In the bottom right of the screen, press the more button, and click add.
- This page allows you to add the details of the individuals face, including Name and Group.